Pacific West Land, LLC is a well-established 12-person real estate development and investment firm currently seeking an Investor Relations and Marketing Manager with strong analytical skills and two years of marketing experience. This position will lead all marketing and communication efforts under the direction of the company President, from our office on Bainbridge Island, WA. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with thick skin, a cool head, a sense of humor, and the ability to juggle numerous tasks. The candidate must possess excellent communication and customer service skills, both written and verbal. This is both a technical and high-touch marketing, investor-facing position.
The candidate will prepare and coordinate, under the direction of the President, the company’s monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to investors and potential investors; will be responsible for the firm’s web site and printed marketing materials, and also coordinate the various memorandum summarizing deal opportunities and results for investors. The Investor Relations and Marketing Manager coordinates meetings and events, including the creation and editing of presentations, again working closely with the President.
This position also includes a good deal of detail work: maintaining the company’s database; generating ad hoc reports for the President, performing reconciliations between accounting and investor relations records, coordinating mailings and compliance filings; and interfacing with investors’ representatives to keep files complete and current. This position is supported by a part-time administrative assistant.
Essential Job Functions:
* Prepare and mail monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
* Work with the Controller on client facing issues, reporting, and distributions
* Generate ad hoc reporting for critical business decision making
* Coordinate other essential mailings, including tax documents and compliance reports
* Coordinate the design of the company’s event marketing materials
* Maintain the relevant company files, both hard and soft copies
* Coordinate marketing events and meetings
* Proofread correspondence
* Write for and maintain the company web site
* Write for and maintain the company’s printed marketing materials
* Keep the company calendar of all mandatory reporting dates
* Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
* Computer literate with a strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and similar programs. Database skills would also prove useful but may be learned on the job. An understanding of accounting principles would also be helpful
* 2 years of professional marketing, sales support, or account management experience
* Ability to work on deadline while coordinating input from others to meet those deadlines
* Flexibility to work within a small company environment that has firm deadlines, but that also jumps when opportunity presents itself
* Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
* Proven ability to work independently.
* Ability to work in an organized, efficient manner with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and follow-through
* Ability to exercise judgment and discretion is critical to success
* Determination to do high quality work on deadline
* Dedication to superior client service
* An understanding of real estate and/or the business of investing would be helpful, but it is not essential
Additional Salary Information: Generous benefits including fully paid health insurance, HSA contribution, 401k match, and summer hours.
About Pacific West Land, LLC
PWL is a 12-person real estate investment and development firm located on Bainbridge Island, WA. PWL is both sponsro and a real estate operator. We partner with investors, make acquisitions, and manage assets all through in-house operations. We make investments across the United States, specializing in grocery-anchored shopping centers and multifamily residential.